– 24/7 breakdown coverage.
– Additional Insurance.
– Additional Equipment: GPS, baby seat etc…
What additional insurance do you recommend?
– When you book, you will see the types of additional insurances available.
– For campers: We recommend at least SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver). In the terms and conditions you can see more details of insurance cover, excess amounts and other factors.
What documents are required to pick up your vehicle?
– ID of the renter (passport), original driving license of the driver (at least one year old) and a valid credit card of one of the people traveling in the rented vehicle.
– Where there is more than one driver, please ensure the relevant information is filled out in Step3. If you have additional drivers they will each need to show their passport/Photo ID and driving license.
– It is possible to drive all of the vehicles that we offer at iCarvan Rental with a category B driving license.
– Driving licenses of EU countries and International driving licenses are all valid in Norway. Driver’s licenses (category B only) from countries outside the EU and Nordic countries are all valid if printed in Latin characters or if they are in English, Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.
– In Norway you will always need a credit card to pay for the last payment and/or as a guarantee. In most cases you will need to show up in person for us to take the card information. Then, and ONLY in the event of damage to the vehicle will we deduct the self-risk excess from the credit card. For certain models a guarantee deposit must be paid when the vehicle is collected.
If you have any questions or concerns about our rental process, contact customer support.
Can I rent a motorhome during the winter months?
Yes, however, to be aware of limitations you have to check our booking system. All availability details are available on our website. You can contact us with any other questions.
For more details please check availability on the web site. If you have any further questions regarding this matter then drop us a line.
How to get your vehicle after arriving at the Airport?
– You will receive a PDF confirmation once your booking has been confirmed. We will also include a map of our office location via email so you can print it off for reference when you arrive.
– Once you have paid off your remaining balance and signed the agreement you can receive the vehicle.
– Our agent will tell you how to return the vehicle. Please follow their instructions.
– We have specific times for pickups and returns for all our Motorhomes. Therefore, when booking your vehicle make sure you are paying attention.
We do try to accommodate pick up and drop off times to suit your request yet we have to clear it with the supplier. This is because they have to clean and check the motorhomes. If there is a delay, we will let you know in advance.
In such cases Motorhome Norway will inform you as soon as we are able to do so.
What are the most common causes of accidents and damage to vehicles when driving in Norway?
– Bumper damage is common.
– Speeding could cause you to lose grip on gravel and mountain roads.
– Stray animals could be on the road.
– Icy or unpaved roads could result in loss of traction or grip.
– Not paying attention when driving because you are observing the scenery.
– Exhaustion because the summer daylight hours are long.
– Car door damage from opening them during high winds.
– Driving on flat or punctured tires
Atlantic road has lots of curvy road dips and arches which could result in crashes during storms.
Do you offer roadside assistance?
All customers have access to 24/7 roadside assistance. The telephone number is included in the rental agreement. You have to call us and we will be there ASAP! In the case of an accident dial 110 (Fire), 112 (Police) or 113 (Ambulance).
Can I cancel my reservation?
– Yes, of course.
– For campers a cancellation fee will NOT apply if we receive a cancellation notice 14 days or more prior to the collection date of the vehicle.
However, be aware that your credit card company may charge a small commission fee. If you cancel your reservation with less than 14 days notice or do not show up at your vehicle collection then you will lose the 20% you paid for the reservation.
– For motorhomes you can also cancel anytime but you will lose the“booking fee” that you paid, irrespective of when you cancel. In some cases we would be able offer you this amount as a discount for rentals made during the next 12 months.
Can you advise me on the best car to suit my needs?
Vehicle recommendations are available. We understand how hard it can be traveling to a new place that you are unfamiliar with. We have a group of agents who are trained to provide you with the best recommendations based on the factors you tell us about your trip.
Additionally, we have information to help you with your decision on our website. In the event that the information provided does not answer, your questions do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Send us a line: